Solar Water Splitting
Other Solar Conversion
Carbon-Based Energy Systems
Electrochemistry and Electric Grid
Novel Mutants Optimized for Lignin, Growth and Biofuel Production via Re-Mutagenesis
Start Date: August 2008
Claire Halpin and Gordon Simpson, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee
- "Bao, Z., Benson, S.M., Cui, Y., Dionne, J.A., Maher, K., Boerjan, W., Halpin, C., Nelson, R., Nichols, D., Ralph, J., and Ramakrishnan, T.S. In Search of Clean, Affordable Energy. Oilfield Review 26(1), 4-15, 2014."
- "Vanholme, R., Cesarino, I., Rataj, K., Xiao, Y., Sundin, L., Goeminne, G., Kim, H., Cross, J., Morreel, K., Araujo, P., Welsh, L., Haustraete, J., McClellan, C., Vanholme, B., Ralph, J., Simpson, G.G., Halpin, C*., and Boerjan, W*. Caffeoyl Shikimate Esterase (CSE) is an Enzyme in the Lignin Biosynthetic Pathway in Arabidopsis. Science 341:1103-6, 2013. *joint corresponding/senior authors."
- Talk: Claire Halpin 'Spinning straw into gold' at the International Bioenergy Conference, Manchester, March 2014.
- Talk: Claire Halpin 'Tailoring biomass feedstocks for biorefineries' at the Lignin Meeting, University of Warwick, March 2014.
- Talk: Claire Halpin 'Barley, biofuels and biosequestration' at the University of Edinburgh, June 2013.
- Talk: Claire Halpin 'Tailoring biomass feedstocks for biorefineries' at BBSRC-organised
workshop on the ABC of Biofuels, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Dec 2013.
- Talk: Claire Halpin 'Spinning straw into gold: Barley, biofuels and biosequestration' at retreat of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Cell Walls, Maroochydore, Australia May 2013.
- Claire Halpin at UKPlantSci 2013, Dundee 'Spinning straw into gold: Barley, biofuels and biosequestration' April 2013
- Presentation. BBSRC/South East Asia Workshop on Biofuels. Hanoi, Vietnam, February 2011. Presentation. College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Annual Symposium, Crieff Hydro Hotel, Scotland, March 2011.
- Halpin, C. "Lignin Biosynthesis and Manipulation", Gordon Conference on Cellulosomes, Cellulases & Other Carbohydrate Modifying Enzymes, Proctor Academy, Andover, New Hampshire, July 26-31, 2009.
- Halpin, C. "Barley Straw - A Fuel for the Future?" BCPC09, British Crop Production Council Congress, Glasgow, UK, November 2009.
- Claire Halpin at Monogram Network Meeting, Improving barley straw for bioenergy, March 2012.
- Chris McClellan at UK PlantSci 2012, Norwich, UK: Improving plants for the production of 2nd generation biofuels. 18 April 2012
- Poster: Kasia Rataj at 23rd International Conference on Arabidopsis Research, Vienna, Austria: Optimization of lignin content in Arabidopsis to facilitate biofuel production, 3-7 July 2012.
- Poster: Chris McClellan at UK PlantSci 2012, Norwich, UK: Genetic screening for improved saccharification properties in Arabidopsis thaliana, 18-19 April 2012.
- Talk: Claire Halpin, Tailoring Plant Biomass for Bioenergy Applications by Manipulating LigniLigning, at the GCEP symposium, Palo Alto, USA, Sept 2012.
- Talk: Claire Halpin at The RCUK (Research Councils United Kingdom) Review of Energy (October 2010). This review was organised by the EPSRC on behalf of all UK Research Councils and in conjunction with learned societies to provide an independent assessment of the quality and impact of UK energy research.
- Talk: Claire Halpin at the College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Annual Symposium, Crieff Hydro Hotel, Scotland, March 2011).
- Z. Zhan D. M. Bierschenk, J. S. Cronin and S. A. Barnett, Nanostructured Electrodes for Reversible, Low Temperature Solid Oxide Cells Electrochemical Society Fall 2011 Conference, Boston, October, 2011.
- G. Hughes, K. Yakal-Kremski, and S.A. Barnett, Effect Of Reversible Cell Operation On LSMYSZ Composite Electrode Durability, Electrochemical Society Fall 2011 Conference, Boston, October, 2011.
- Talk: Claire Halpin at the GCEP symposium, Palo Alto, USA, Sept 2010.
Updated August 2019