Electrochemistry and Electric Grid
Linking Chemical and Physical Effects of CO2 Injection to Geophysical Parameters
Start Date: January 2010
Gary Mavko, Department of Geophysics; Sally Benson, Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Stanford University; Andreas Luttge, Rolf A. Arvidson, Department of Earth Science, Rice University
- Grombacher, D., T. Vanorio, and Y. Ebert, 2012, Time-lapse acoustic, transport, an NMR measurements to characterize microstructural changes of carbonate rocks during injection of CO2- rich water, Geophysics, 77, WA169-WA179.
- Fischer, C., R. S. Arvidson, C. Fischer, and A. Luttge, 2012, Does the stepwave model predict mica dissolution kinetics? Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 98, 177-185
- Kurganskaya, I., R. S. Arvidson, and A. Luttge, 2012, How predictable are dissolution roates of crystalline material? Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 97, 120-130.
- Kurganskaya, I., R. S. and A. Luttge, 2013, A comprehensive stochastic model of phyllosilicate dissolution: structure and kinematics of etch pits formed on muscovite basal face, 120, 545-560- 130.
- Kurganskaya, I., R. S. and A. Luttge, 2013, Kinetic Monte Carlo simulations of silicate dissolution: model complexity and parameterization, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 117, 24894-24906
- Vanorio, T., A. Nur, and Y. Ebert, 2011, Rock physics analysis and time-lapse rock imaging of geochemical effects due to the injection of CO2 into reservoir rocks, Geophysics, 76, O23-O33
- Stephanie Vialle, Jack Dvorkin, and Gary Mavko (2013). Implications of pore microgeometry heterogeneity for the movement and chemical reactivity of CO2 in carbonates. GEOPHYSICS, 78(5), L69-L86.
- Vialle, S. and T Vanorio, 2011, Laboratory measurements of elastic properties of carbonate rocks during injection of reactive CO2-saturated water, Geophysical Research Letters, 38.
- Dralus, D. E., T. Vanorio, and G. Mavko, 2012, Anomalous strain behavior in CO2-saturated zeolithic tuffs, AGU Fall Meeting 2012.
- Kobayashi, Y., and G. Mavko, 2014, Characteristic length of a rock heterogeneously saturated with two immiscible fluids, SEG Annual Meeting Extended Abstract, 2014
- Vialle, S., T. Vanorio, and G. Mavko, 2010, Monitoring the changes of rock properties in a micritic limestone upon injection of a CO2-rich fluid, SEG Annual Meeting Extended Abstract, 2010.
- Vialle, S., J. Dvorkin, and G. Mavko, 2012, Flow paths and chemical reactivity of CO2 in carbonates using mercury-intrusion capillary pressure data and dimensionless numbers, AGU Fall Meeting 2012.
- Vialle, S., T. Vanorio, and G. Mavko, 2010, Linking the acoustic properties of carbonate rocks to induced chemical changes in the pore system upon injection of CO2-rich water, AGU Fall Meeting 2010.
- Vialle, S. and G. Mavko, 2012, Geophysical signatures of carbonate rocks flooded with CO2-rich water: effect of the presence of oil in the pore space, EGU General Assembly 2012, held 22-27 April, 2012 in Vienna, Austria., p.6248
- Vialle, S., J. Dvorkin, and G. Mavko, 2013, Relating rock microstructure to flow paths and chemical reactions: application to CO2 injection in carbonates, Proceedings, Second International Workshop on Rock Physics, Southampton, 4-9 August 2013.
Updated August 2019