Solar Water Splitting
Other Solar Conversion
Carbon-Based Energy Systems
Electrochemistry and Electric Grid
Assembly of a Lignin Modification Toolbox
Start Date: August 2008
Clint Chapple, Department of Biochemistry and Alan Friedman, Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University
- Lee S. and C. Chapple."Overexpression of a serine carboxypeptidase-like acyltransferase alters sinapate ester accumulation and localization in Arabidopsis" (2012).
- Lee, S., Y. Kaminaga, B. Cooper, E. Pichersky, N. Dudareva, and C. Chapple. "Benzoylation and sinapoylation of glucosinolate R-groups in Arabidopsis." The Plant Journal, 72 (3) 411-422, (2012).
- Weng J-K., Y. Li, H. Mo., D. A. Colby, and C. Chapple C. "Assembly of a new pathway for alpha-pyrone biosynthesis in Arabidopsis." Science (2012).
- Bonawitz, N. D., W. L. Soltau, M. R. Blatchley, B. L. Powers, A. K. Hurlock, L. A. Seals, J-K. Weng, J. Stout, and C. Chapple. "REF4 and RFR1, subunits of the transcriptional coregulatory complex mediator, are required for phenylpropanoid homeostasis in Arabidopsis." Journal of Biological Chemistry 287, no. 8, 5434-5445 (2012).
Updated August 2019
- "Using Arabidopsis to Learn about Lignin." Bioenergy Systems Research Institute, University of Georgia, Athens GA, April 2011.
- "A Tale of Three P450s," Department of Biology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, October 2010.
- "Lignin: An Extracellular Polymer with Unique Biochemical Plasticity," ASPB 2010, Montreal PQ, July 2010.
- "Lignification of plant cell walls: a milestone in plant evolution," Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, invited Seminar, April 2010.
- "Lignification of Plant Cell Walls: a Milestone in Plant Evolution," University of Massachusetts – Amherst, invited Seminar, March 2010.
- "Assembly of a Lignin Modification Toolbox," Global Climate and Energy Project, Stanford University, CA, invited Seminar, October 2009.
- "Lignification of Plant Cell Walls: a Milestone in Plant Evolution," University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, invited Seminar, May 2009.
- "Genetics and Biochemistry of Lignin Biosynthesis in Land Plants," University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnessota, invited Seminar, April 2009.
- "Mediators of phenylpropanoid homeostasis in Arabidopsis," Gordon Conference on Plant Metabolic Engineering, Waterville Valley NH. July 2011.
- "Is dwarfism an obligatory phenotype in lignin down-regulated plants?" First International WoW Symposium, University of British Columbia, Vancouver B.C. June 2011.
- "Genetics and biochemistry of lignin biosynthesis in land plants," University of California - Berkeley, Berkeley CA, November 2008.
- "Genetics and biochemistry of lignin biosynthesis in land plants," Ohio State University, Columbus OH, November 2008.