Solar Water Splitting
Other Solar Conversion
Carbon-Based Energy Systems
Electrochemistry and Electric Grid
The Climate-Protective Domain
Start Date: September 2008
Christopher Field, Department of Biology, Rosamond Lee Naylor, Julie Wrigley Senior Fellow in Environmental Science and Policy, Stanford University; David Lobell, Earth Science System, Stanford University, Gregory Asner, Department of Global Ecology, Carnegie Institution.
- Loarie, S. R., D. B. Lobell, G. P. Asner, and C. B. Field. 2011a. “Land-Cover and Surface Water Change Drive Large Albedo Increases in South America,” Earth Interactions 15, 1-16, (2011).
Loarie, S. R., D. B. Lobell, G. P. Asner, Q. Mu, and C. B. Field. 2011b. “Direct impacts on local climate of sugar-cane expansion in Brazil.” Nature Climate Change 1, 105-109, (2011).
Asner, G. P., S. R. Loarie, and U. Heyder, “Combined effects of climate and land-use change on the future of humid tropical forests,”Conservation Letters 3, 6, 395-403, (2010).
Georgescu, M., D. B. Lobell, and C. B. Field. “Direct climate effects of perennial bioenergy crops in the United States,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, (2011).
- Lobell, D. B., K. G. Cassman, and C. B. Field. “Crop yield gaps: Their importance, magnitudes, and causes.” Annual Review of Environment and Resources, Vol. 34, (2009).
- Campbell, J. E., D. B. Lobell, and C.B. Field. “Greater transportation energy and GHG offsets from bioelectricity than ethanol.” Science, Vol. 324, No. 5930, pp. 1055-1057, (2009).
- Loarie, S. R., G. P. Asner, and C. B. Field. “Boosted carbon emissions from Amazon deforestation.” Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 36, No. 14, (2009).
- Field, C. B., J. E. Campbell, and D. B. Lobell. “Biomass energy: The scale of the potential resource.” Trends in Ecology & Evolution, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 65-72, (2008).
- Campbell, J. E., D. B. Lobell, R. C. Genova, and C. B. Field. “The global potential of bioenergy on abandoned agriculture lands.” Environmental Science Technology, Vol. 42, No. 15, pp. 579-5794, doi:10.1021/es800052w (2008). uo; Environmental Science Technology, Vol. 42, No. 15, pp. 5791-5794, (2008).
- Loarie, Scott R., Philip B. Duffy, Healy Hamilton, Gregory P. Asner, Christopher B. Field, and David D. Ackerly. "The velocity of climate change." Nature 462, no. 7276 (2009): 1052-1055.
- Georgescu, M., D. B. Lobell, and C. B. Field. "Potential impact of US biofuels on regional climate." Geophysical Research Letters 36, no. 21 (2009): L21806.
Updated August 2019