Electrochemistry and Electric Grid
Optimization of Synthetic Oxygenated Fuels
Start Date: September 2005
Craig T. Bowman, David M. Golden, Ronald K. Hanson, Heinz Pitsch, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University; Ripudaman Malhotra, SRI International
- Davidson, D. F., S. C. Ranganath, K. Y. Lam, M. Liaw, M, Hong, Z. and R. K. Hanson. “Ignition delay time measurements of normal alkanes and simple oxygenates.” Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 280-287, doi:10.2514/1.44034 (2010).
- Cook, R. D., D. F. Davidson, and R. K. Hanson. “High-temperature shock tube measurements of dimethyl ether decomposition and the reaction of dimethyl ether with OH.” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, Vol. 113, No. 37, pp 9974–9980 doi:10.1021/jp902403n (2009).
- Hong, Z., D. F. Davidson, S. S. Vasu, and R. K. Hanson. “The effects of oxygenates on soot formation in rich heptane mixtures: a shock tube study.” Fuel, Vol. 88, No. 10, pp. 1901-1906, doi:10.1016/j.fuel.2009.04.013 (2009).
- Pepiot-Desjardins, P., Pitsch, H., Malhotra, R., Kirby, S.R. and Boehman, A.L. Experimental Study and Structural Group Analysis for Soot Reduction Tendency of Oxygenated Fuels. Comb. Flame, in press, 2008.
Updated February 2011
- R. D. Cook, Davidson, D. F. and Hanson, R. K., Rate measurements of DME decomposition and DME+OH at elevated temperatures, Poster presentation U.S. Combustion Meeting, Ann Arbor MI, May 2009.
- Farooq, Davidson, D.F., Hanson, R.K., Huynh, L.K. and Violi, A., "An experimental and computational study of methyl ester decomposition pathways using shock tubes", Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 32 , 247-253, 2009.
- R. D. Cook, Davidson, D.F., Hanson, R.K., "Shock tube measurements of ignition delay times and OH time-histories in dimethyl ether oxidation", Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 32, 189-196, 2009.
- Bardos, Walters, K.M., Golden, D.M. and Bowman, C.T., Flow reactor studies of synthetic oxygenated fuels for Diesel engines, Poster presentation at the 32nd International Combustion Symposium, Montreal, Canada, August 2008.
- Hong, Davidson, D. F., Vasu, S. S. and Hanson, R.K., "Shock tube study of soot formation in rich heptane/oxygen mixtures with DME/Acetone/Butanal/3-Pentanone additives", Poster presentation at the 32nd International Symposium on Combustion, Montreal Canada, August 2008.
- Z. Hong, Davidson, D.F. and Hanson, R.K, Shock tube studies of soot formation in rich heptane/oxygen mixtures with DME/Acetone/Butanal additives Paper 07F-34 2007 Fall Meeting of the Western States Section of the Combustion Institute, Livermore CA, October 2007.
- R. D. Cook, Davidson, D.F. and Hanson, R.K., Measurements of ignition delay times and OH species concentration in DME/O2/Ar mixtures", Paper 2970P International Symposium on Shock Waves 26, Heidelberg Germany July 2007.
- Hong, Z., D. F. Davidson, D. F. and Hanson, R. K., "Shock Tube Studies of Soot Formation in Heptane/Oxygen and Heptane/DME/Oxygen Mixtures," Paper 2007-774, 45th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno NV, January 2007.