Solar Water Splitting
Other Solar Conversion
Carbon-Based Energy Systems
Electrochemistry and Electric Grid
Novel Mutants Optimized for Lignin, Growth and Biofuel Production via Re-Mutagenesis
Start Date: August 2008
Claire Halpin and Gordon Simpson, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee
- "Bao, Z., Benson, S.M., Cui, Y., Dionne, J.A., Maher, K., Boerjan, W., Halpin, C., Nelson, R., Nichols, D., Ralph, J., and Ramakrishnan, T.S. In Search of Clean, Affordable Energy. Oilfield Review 26(1), 4-15, 2014."
- "Vanholme, R., Cesarino, I., Rataj, K., Xiao, Y., Sundin, L., Goeminne, G., Kim, H., Cross, J., Morreel, K., Araujo, P., Welsh, L., Haustraete, J., McClellan, C., Vanholme, B., Ralph, J., Simpson, G.G., Halpin, C*., and Boerjan, W*. Caffeoyl Shikimate Esterase (CSE) is an Enzyme in the Lignin Biosynthetic Pathway in Arabidopsis. Science 341:1103-6, 2013. *joint corresponding/senior authors."
- Talk: Claire Halpin 'Spinning straw into gold' at the International Bioenergy Conference, Manchester, March 2014.
- Talk: Claire Halpin 'Tailoring biomass feedstocks for biorefineries' at the Lignin Meeting, University of Warwick, March 2014.
- Talk: Claire Halpin 'Barley, biofuels and biosequestration' at the University of Edinburgh, June 2013.
- Talk: Claire Halpin 'Tailoring biomass feedstocks for biorefineries' at BBSRC-organised
workshop on the ABC of Biofuels, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Dec 2013.
- Talk: Claire Halpin 'Spinning straw into gold: Barley, biofuels and biosequestration' at retreat of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Cell Walls, Maroochydore, Australia May 2013.
- Claire Halpin at UKPlantSci 2013, Dundee 'Spinning straw into gold: Barley, biofuels and biosequestration' April 2013
- Presentation. BBSRC/South East Asia Workshop on Biofuels. Hanoi, Vietnam, February 2011. Presentation. College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Annual Symposium, Crieff Hydro Hotel, Scotland, March 2011.
- Halpin, C. "Lignin Biosynthesis and Manipulation", Gordon Conference on Cellulosomes, Cellulases & Other Carbohydrate Modifying Enzymes, Proctor Academy, Andover, New Hampshire, July 26-31, 2009.
- Halpin, C. "Barley Straw - A Fuel for the Future?" BCPC09, British Crop Production Council Congress, Glasgow, UK, November 2009.Updated July 2015