C-H Bonds in Carbon Nanotubes as an Energy Carrier
Direct Solar Biohydrogen
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Studies of Ceramic Materials for Fuel Cells
Atomic Force Microscopy Measurements of PEM Fuel Cells Processes
Hydrogen Effects on Climate, Stratospheric Ozone, and Air Pollution
Micro- and Nano-Scale Electrochemistry Applied to Fuel Cells
Monitoring Bioconversion Processes
Advanced Materials & Catalysts
Advanced Electric Grid
Advanced Nuclear Energy
Nanomaterials Engineering for Hydrogen Storage
Start Date: January 2004
Kyeongjae (KJ) Cho, Mechanical Engineering; Bruce Clemens, Materials
Science and Engineering; Hongjie Dai, Chemistry; Anders Nilsson,
Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Laboratory, Stanford University
- Bhowmick, R., B. M. Clemens, and B. A. Cruden. “Parametric analysis of chirality families and diameter distributions in single-wall carbon nanotube production by the oating catalyst method.” Carbon, Vol. 46, No. 6, pp. 907-922, doi:10.1016/j.carbon.2008.02.020 (2008).
- Nikitin, A. “Hydrogen Storage in Carboneous Materials Through the Formation of C-H Bonds.” PhD Thesis, Dept. of Applied Physics, Stanford University (2008).
- Niktin, A., X. Li, Z. Zhang, H. Ogasawara, H. Dai and A. Nilsson. “Hydrogen storage in carbon nanotubes through the formation of stable C-H bonds.” Nano. Lett., Vol. 8, No. 1, 162-167, doi:10.1021/nl072325k (2008).
- Nikitin, A., L. A. Naslund, Z. Zhang and A. Nilsson. “C-H bond formation at the graphite surface studied with core level spectroscopy.” Surface Science, Vol. 602, No. 14, pp. 2575-2580, doi:10.1016/j.susc.2008.06.012 (2008).
- Nikitin, A., X. Li, Z. Zhang, D. Mann, H. Ogasawara, H. Dai, and A. Nilsson. “Hydrogen storage in carbon nanotubes through the formation of C-H bonds,” (to be submitted, 2008).
- Lee, Y-W. “Hydrogen Storage Properties of Catalyst Metal-Doped Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes.” PhD Dissertation and Thesis, Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University (2007).
- Zhang Z. and K. Cho. “Ab initio study of hydrogen interaction with pure and nitrogen doped carbon nanotubes,” (submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett., 2006).
- Zhang, Z., H. Liu, and K. Cho. “Ab initio study of hydrogen storage capability of single walled carbon nanotubes,” (to be submitted to Nano Lett, 2006)
- Zhang, Z., B. Magyari-Kope, and K. J. Cho. “Ab initio study of Li3N for hydrogen storage: Hydrogenation and reconstruction of the surfaces,” (in preparation, 2006)
- Zhang, Z. and K. J. Cho. “Ab initio study of nucleation and diffusion of small Pd clusters on CNT,” (in preparation, 2006).
- Lee, Y-W., B. M. Clemens, and K. J. Gross, “Novel Sieverts’ type volumetric measurements of hydrogen storage properties for very small sample quantities.” J. Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 452, No. 2, pp. 410-413, doi:10.1016/j.jallcom.2006.11.014, (2008) (online, 2006).
Zhang, G., Qi, P., Wang, X., Lu, Y., Mann, D., Li, X., & Dai, H. Hydrogenation and Hydrocarbonation and Etching of Single-Walled
Carbon Nanotubes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 128, 6026-6027
Nikitin, A., Ogasawara, H., Mann, D., Zhang, Z., Dai, H. &
Nilsson, A. Hydrogenation of Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes. Phys. Rev.
Lett. 95:22, 225507 (2005)
Zhang, G., Mann, D., Zhang, L.,
Javey, A., Li, Y., Yenilmez, E., Wang, Q., McVittie, J., Nishi, Y., Gibbons, J.,
& Dai, H. Ultra-High-Yield Growth of Vertical Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes:
Hidden Roles of Hydrogen and Oxygen. PNAS 102:45, 16141-16145
- Lee, Y-W., R. Deshpande, A. C. Dillon, M. J. Heben, H. Dai, and B. M. Clemens. “The role of metal catalyst in near ambient hydrogen adsorption on multi-walled nanotubes,” Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., Vol. 837 (2005).
- Mann, D., N. Wong, S. Kam, X-W. Tang, Y. Li, D. Wang, Q. Wang, L. Zhang, R. Tu, Y-L. Chang, and H. Dai. “Wafer scale free-floating transferable films of single-walled carbon nanotubes,” (submitted, 2005).
- Orenstein, D. “Beyond Theory: Engineers hope nanotechnology can make hydrogen economy real.” Faculty Research Highlight, School of Engineering Website
Updated February 2011