Carbon-Based Energy Systems
Batteries for Advanced Transportation
Metal Oxide Nanotubes and Photo-Excitation Effects: New Approaches for Low-to-Intermediate Temperature Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
Start Date: July 2007
Paul C. McIntyre, Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University; Shriram Ramanathan, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University
- Shandalov, M. and P.C. McIntyre, “Size-dependent polymorphism in HfO2 nanotubes and nanoscale thin films.” Journal of Applied Physics, 106 (8), 084322-084322-5 doi:10.1063/1.3243077 (2009).
- Tsuchiya, M., V. Shutthandan, M. Engelhard, and S. Ramanathan. “Direct measurement of oxygen incorporation into thin film oxides at room temperature under photon irradiation.” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 93, 263109, doi:10.1063/1.3058691(2008)
- Karthikeyan, A., M. Tsuchiya, and S. Ramanathan. “Apatite-phase synthesis from interdiffusion in doped CeO2-SiO2 thin film superlattices and in-situ conductivity studies.” Electrochemical and Solid State Letters, Vol. 11, K101 (2008).
- Tsuchiya M. and S. Ramanathan. “Enhanced grain growth in yttria-doped zirconia thin film structures under photon irradiation.” Philosophical Magazine Letters, Vol. 88, No. 8, pp. 583-590, doi:10.1080/09500830802322178 (2008).
- Tsuchiya M. and S. Ramanathan. “Ultra-thin Y-doped zirconia membranes synthesized under photon irradiation: Structure evolution and high temperature electrochemical transport studies.” Electrochemical Society Transactions, Vol. 11, 9 (2008).
- Tsuchiya M. and S. Ramanathan. “Synthesis and interfacial phenomena in ultra-thin ytrria-doped zirconia films grown by alloy oxidation under photon irradiation.” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 92, 033107, doi:10.1063/1.2837194 (2008).
- Tsuchiya M. and S. Ramanathan. “Effect of photon irradiation on structure of yttria-doped zirconia thin films grown on semiconductor substrates.” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 91, 253104, doi:10.1063/1.2825567 (2007).
Updated October 2009
- Shandalov, M. and P. C. McIntyre. "Nano-Scale Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Membrane Engineering: ALD-Grown Metal Oxide Nanotubes," AVS 9th International Conference on Atomic Layer Deposition, Monterey, CA, July 22, 2009.
- Ginestra, C. N., M. Shandalov, A. F. Marshall, C. Ko, S. Ramanathan, P. C. McIntyre. "Nanostructural and Electrochemical Characterization of Nanoscale Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia Grown via ALD," AVS 9th International Conference on Atomic Layer Deposition, Monterey, CA, July 21, 2009.
- McIntyre, P. C. "Atomic Layer Deposition of Oxides for Clean Energy Technologies: Solid State Electrolytes, Anodes for Water Splitting," Technical University of Eindhoven Seminar, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, June 23, 2009.
- Ginestra, C. N., M. Shandalov, A. F. Marshall, C. Ko, S. Ramanathan, and P. C. McIntyre. "Characterization of Nanoscale Electrolytes for Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Membranes," Spring Materials Research Society Meeting, San Francisco, CA, April 17, 2009.
- Shandalov M. and P.C. McIntyre. "Phase Stability Study of HfO2 Nanotubes and Films," Spring Materials Research Society Meeting, San Francisco, CA, April 15, 2009.
- McIntyre, P. C. "Bulk and Interfacial Oxygen Defects in HfO2 Gate Dielectric Stacks: A Critical Assessment," ECI Conference: Nonstoichiometric Compounds, Jeju Island, South Korea, March 9, 2009.
- M. Tsuchiya and S. Ramanathan, Synthesis and high temperature electrochemical transport in zirconia alloys synthesized under photon irradiation, Spring MRS meeting, San Francisco, CA 2008
- Karthikeyan and and S. Ramanathan Electrochemical properties of nanoscale oxide-ion conductors, IMAPS ACers Meeting, Boxborough, MA, 2008.
- Ginestra, C. N., R. Sreenivasan, A. Karthikeyan, S. Ramanathan, and P. C. McIntyre. "Atomic Layer Deposition of Y2O3/ZrO2 Nanolaminates for Ultra-Thin Solid State Electrolyte Alloys," 7th International Conference on Atomic Layer Deposition, San Diego, CA, oral presentation, June 24-27, 2007.