Carbon-Based Energy Systems
Advanced Fuel Cell Systems
A High Energy Density Lithium-Ion Battery with Self-Healing Polymers
Start Date: September 2013
Zhenan Bao, Department of Chemical Engineering, Stanford University; Yi Cui, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University; Michael Toney, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
- Lopez, J.; Chen, Z.; Wang, C.; Andrews, S. C.; Cui, Y.; Bao, Z. The Effects of Cross-Linking in a Supramolecular Binder on Cycle Life in Silicon Microparticle Anodes. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2016, 8, 2318–2324.
- Y. Sun, J. Lopez, H.-W. Lee, N. Liu, G. Zheng, C.-L. Wu, J. Sun, W. Liu, J. W. Chung, Z. Bao, and Y. Cui, "A Stretchable Graphitic Carbon/Si Anode Enabled by Conformal Coating of a Self-Healing Elastic Polymer", Advanced Materials 2016, 28, 2455-2461.
- Andrews, S. C.; Chen, Z.; Lopez, J.; Weker-Nelson, J; Cui, Y.; Toney, M; Bao, Z. "Understanding the Role of Self-Healing Polymers in Long Cycle Life Silicon-Based Lithium Ion Battery Electrodes", In Preparation, 2016
- Self-healing chemistry enables the stable operation of silicon microparticle anodes for highenergy lithium-ion batteries Chao Wang*, Hui Wu*, Zheng Chen, Matthew T. McDowell, Yi Cui, Zhenan Bao (* equal contribution) Nat. Chem. 2013, 5, 1042-1048.
Updated July 2016
- Lopez, J. Effects of Crosslinking in a Supramolecular Binder on Cycling Stability of Silicon Microparticle Anodes. Oral presentation at the ACS 251st National Meeting, PMSE Division, March 16, 2016
- Zheng Chen, Yi Cui, Zhenan Bao, Self-healing Polymer for High-Performance Si Anode in Li-ion Batteries, Oral presentation at the AICHE meeting, Nov 10, 2015.
- Sean C. Andrews, Zheng Chen, Jeff Lopez, Michael Toney, Zhenan Bao, Operando X-Ray Imaging of Self-Healing Silicon Anodes in Lithium Ion Batteries, Beyond Lithium VIII, June 3, 2015
- Sean C. Andrews, Zheng Chen, Operando X-Ray Investigations of Self-Healing Silicon Anodes in Lithium-Ion Batteries, Materials Research Society Meeting, April 4, 2016