Electrochemistry and Electric Grid
Development of Low-Irreversibility Engines
Start Date: January 2003
Christopher F. Edwards, Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering;
Patrick Caton, Shannon Miller, Kwee-Yan Teh, Graduate Researchers,
Caton, P.A., Song, H.H., Kaahaaina, N.B. & Edwards, C.F.
Strategies for Achieving Residual-Effected HCCI Using Variable Valve Actuation. SAE. Doc. No. 2005-01-0165 (2005)
Caton, P.A., Song, H.H., Kaahaaina, N.B. & Edwards, C.F. Residual-Effected Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition with Delayed Intake Valve Closing at Elevated Compression Ratio. J. Eng. Res. 6:4, 399-419(21) (2005)
Updated August 2019
- Svrcek, M.N., Miller, S.L., and Edwards, C. F., Effect of Extreme Compression on Diesel Spray Penetration and Dispersion. Accepted for the International Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems (2009).
- Miller, S.L., Svrcek, M.N., LaCroix, O., Wilson, J., Edwards, C.F., Reducing Combustion Irreversibility through Extreme Compression: Analyzing Device Performance. Submitted to ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (November 2009).
- Teh, K.-Y., and Edwards, C.F., 2006. "Optimizing Piston Velocity Profile for Maximum Work Output from an IC Engine," IMECE2006-13622, in the Proceedings of the 2006 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, Chicago, IL 2006.
- Teh, K.-Y., C.F. Edwards, "An Optimal Control Approach to Minimizing Entropy Generation in an Adiabatic Internal Combustion Engine," 45th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, San Diego, CA 2006.
- Teh, K.-Y., C.F. Edwards, "An Optimal Control Approach to Minimizing Entropy Generation in an Adiabatic IC Engine with Fixed Compression Ratio," ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, Chicago, IL 2006.
- Y. Sakamoto, K. Nagata, K. Yogo, K. Yamada, Preparation and CO2 separation properties of amine modified mesoporous silica membrane, 71st meeting of The Society of Chemical Engineers, Japan, Mar. 30, 2006.