Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Studies of Ceramic Materials for Fuel Cells
Start Date: January 2004
Jonathan Stebbins, Professor, Geological and Environmental Sciences;
Fritz Prinz, Professor, Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
and Engineering; Namjun Kim, Post-doctoral Researcher; Cheng-Han Hsieh,
Hong Huang, Graduate Researchers, Stanford University
- Huang, H., C-H. Hsieh, N. Kim, J. F. Stebbins, and F. Prinz. ‘Structure, local environment, and ionic conduction in scandia stabilized zirconia.” Solid State Ionics, Vol. 179, No.s 27-32, pp. 1442-1445, doi:10.1016/j.ssi.2008.02.061 (2008).
- Kim, N., C-H. Hsieh, H. Huang, F. B. Prinz, and J. F. Stebbins. “High temperature 17O MAS NMR study of calcia, magnesia, scandia and yttria stabilized zirconia.” Solid State Ionics, Vol. 178, No. 27-28, pp. 1499-1506, doi:10.1016/j.ssi.2007.09.008 (2007).
- Kim, N. and J. F. Stebbins. “Cation coordination and vacancy ordering in yttrium-doped ceria: 17O and 89Y NMR.” Chem. Materials, Vol. 19, pp. 5742-5747 (2007).
- Kim, N. and J. F. Stebbins. “Scandium molybdate-scandium tungstate solid solutions: high resolution 45Sc and 17O NMR constraints on cation disorder.” (In preparation, 2007).
Kim, N., C.-H. Hsieh, and J. F. Stebbins. “Oxygen
site exchange and ionic conductivity in zirconias: a high-resolution,
high-temperature NMR study,” (in preparation, 2006.
- Kim, N., Hsieh, C.-H. & Stebbins, J.F. Scandium coordination in solid oxides and stabilized zirconia: 45Sc NMR. Chem. Mat. 18, 3855-3859 (2006)
- Hsieh, C.-H. “Solid-state NMR and x-ray studies of local coordination environment in the ZrO2-Sc2O3 system.” M.S. Report, Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University (2005).
Kim, N., C-H. Hsieh, and J. F. Stebbins.
“Scandium-stabilized zirconia: high-resolution NMR assessment of cation
ordering,” (in preparation, 2005).
Updated February 2011