Electrochemistry and Electric Grid
Coal and Biomass Char Reactivity
Start Date: January 2003
Reginald E. Mitchell, Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering; Liqiang Ma, Graduate Researcher, Stanford University
- Campbell, P. A. and R. E. Mitchell. “The impact of the distributions of surface oxides and their migration on characterization of the heterogeneous carbon–oxygen reaction,” Combustion and Flame, Vol. 154, No. 1-2, pp. 47-66, doi:10.1016/j.combustflame.2007.11.002 (2008).
- Mitchell, R. E., L. Ma, and B. J. Kim. “On the burning behavior of pulverized coal chars.” Combustion and Flame, Vol. 151, No. 3, pp. 426-436 doi:10.1016/j.combustflame.2007.07.014 (2007).
Updated February 2011
- Ma, L. and Mitchell, R. E., "The Effects of Total Pressure and Oxygen Partial Pressure on Char Reactivity," 2006 Spring Meeting, Western States Section of the Combustion Institute, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho, March 27-28, 2006.
- Saarenpaa, I., Mitchell, R. E., and Ma, L. "Overlap of Devolatilization and Char Oxidation during Combustion of Pulverized Biomass Particles under Oxygen- Enriched Conditions," Swedish-Finnish Flame Days 2005, Borås, Sweden, October 18-19, 2005.
- Ma, L. & Mitchell, R.E. Char Reactivities to Oxygen at Elevated Pressures. Presented at the Fourth Joint Meeting of the U.S. Sections of the Combustion Institute, Paper D31, Philadelphia, PA, March 20-23, 2005.
- Mitchell, R. E. and L. Ma. "On the Burning Behaviors of Coal and Biomass Chars," 4th Joint Meeting of the U.S. Sections of the Combustion Institute, Poster P26, Philadelphia, PA, March 20-23, 2005.
- Mitchell, R.E. Burning Behaviors of Pulverized Coal and Biomass Char Particles. Nineteenth Annual ACERC & ICES Conference, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, February 17-18, 2005.
- Mitchell, R. E. "Characteristics of Pulverized Coal and Biomass Combustion," Invited Seminar, Chemical Engineering Department, Brigham Young University, February 10, 2005.