Energy 101 Tutorials
Carbon-Based Energy Systems
Electrochemistry and Electric Grid > Grid Control
Scalable and Flat Controls for Reliable Power Grid Operation with High Renewable Penetration
- H. Lev-Ari, A.M. Stankovic, “A Sparse Sampling Approach to Dynamic Sub-Cycle Decomposition of Apparent Power in General Polyphase Networks”, Przeglad Elektrotechniczny, Poland, Vol. 91, No. 6, pp. 18-24, June 2015.
- Yilmaz, M., and P. T. Krein. “Review of battery charger topologies, charging power levels, and infrastructure for plug-in electric and hybrid vehicles.” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 28, No. 5, 2151-2169 (2013).
- Yilmaz, M. and P. T. Krein. “Review of the impact of vehicle-to-grid technologies on distribution systems and utility interfaces. Ieee Transactions on Power Electronics 28, No. 12, 5673-89 (2013).
- Jiang, X., Y. C. Chen, and A. D. Domínguez-García. “A set-theoretic framework to assess the impact of variable generation on the power flow.” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 28, No. 2, 855-867 (2013).
- Xia, Y., S. Ghiocel, D. Dotta, D. Shawhan, A. Kindle and J. H. Chow. “A Simultaneous Perturbation Approach for Solving Economic Dispatch Problems with Emission, Storage, and Network Constraints.” IEEE Trans. On Smart Grid (Accepted for publication, 2013).
- R. Emami and A. Abur, “External System Line Outage Identification Using Phasor Measurement Units,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 1035-1040, May 2013.
- S. Dutta and T. J. Overbye, “Feature Extraction and Representation of Power System Transient Stability Response using Data Mining,” to be submitted to IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Spring 2013.
- Variani, M. H. and K. Tomsovic. “Flatness-Based Automatic Generation Control with High Penetration of Wind Energy”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems (to be submitted, 2012).
- Xu, Y., F. Li, and K. Tomsovic. “Adaptive Control Approach for STATCOM to Enhance Voltage Stability,” submitted to IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery.
- Emami, R. and A. Abur. “External System Line Outage Identification Using Phasor Measurement Units.” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, PP, no 99 (2012).
- Korkali, M. and A. Abur. “Optimal Deployment of Wide-Area Synchronized Measurements for Fault-Location Observability.” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, PP, no 99 (2012).
- Liu, G. and K. Tomsovic, “Quantifying System Reserve for Uniform System Reliability Considering Wind Power,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems: Special Issue on Adequacy in Power Systems with Intermittent Source (submitted, 2012).