Energy 101 Tutorials
Advanced Materials & Catalysts
Advanced Electric Grid
Efficient Cell-Free Hydrogen Production from Glucose
Geological Sequestration of CO2 – An Exploratory Study of the Mechanisms and Kinetics of CO2 Reaction with Mg-Silicates
High capacity molecular hydrogen storage in novel crystalline solids
- Del Real, G., P. Maher, G. E. Brown, and D. K. Bird. “CO2 sequestration in ultramafic rocks: Geological, physical, and chemical constraints from the Red Mountain Magnesite District, California,” (in preparation, 2010).
- Johnson, N. C, B. Thomas, K. Maher, D. K. Bird, R. B. Rosenbauer, and G. E. Brown, Jr. “Kinetics of olivine carbonation at 60°C and 100 bar.” Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta (in preparation, 2010).
- Kroon, M. C., H. Docherty, P. T. Cummings, C. J. Peters, G.-J. Witkamp, and W. L. Mao. “Novel interactions in hydrogen-rich van der Waals compound CH4(H2)4,” JACS (submitted, 2010).
High Voltage Alloys for Lithium Battery Cathodes
Multijunction Nanowire Solar Cells for Inexpensive and Highly Efficient Photoelectricity: Enabling Methods
- C. Wessells, F. La Mantia, R. Ruffo, R.A. Huggins, and Y. Cui, “Investigations of the electrochemical stability of aqueous electrolytes for lithium battery applications”, Electrochemical Solid State Letters 13 (5) A59-A61, doi:10.1149/1.3329652 (2010).
- R. Ruffo, C. Wessells, R.A. Huggins, and Y. Cui, “Electrochemical behavior of LiCoO2 as aqueous lithium-ion battery electrodes”, Electrochemistry Communications 11 (2), 247-249, doi:10.1016/j.elecom.2008.11.015 (2009).
Nanotube Networks as Transparent Electrodes for Solar Cells
- Hu, S., A.F. Marshall, and P.C. McIntyre. “Interface-controlled low-temperature metal-induced crystallization of germanium films on amorphous substrates.” Adv. Mater. (submitted, 2010).
Nanowire-Nanocrystal Multiexciton Solar Cells
- Rowell, M. W., M. A. Topinka, M. D. McGehee, H. J. Prall, G. Dennler, N. S. Sariciftci, L. Hu, and G. Gruner. “Organic solar cells with carbon nanotube network electrodes.” Applied Physics Letters 88 (23), 233506-1-3, doi:10.1063/1.2209887 (2006).
Spectroscopic Characterization of Multi-Exciton Generation Efficiency in Nano-Structured Materials
- Ji, Minbiao, J., S. Park, S. T. Connor, T. Mokari, Y. Cui, and K. J. Gaffney. “Efficient multiple exciton generation observed in colloidal PbSe quantum dots with temporally and pectrally resolved intraband excitation.” Nano Letters, 9 (3), 1217-1222, doi:10.1021/nl900103f (2009).