Energy 101 Tutorials
Electrochemistry & Electric Grid
Carbon-Based Energy Systems > CO2 Storage
A Numerical Simulation Framework for CO2 Sequestration
- H. Zhou and H.A. Tchelepi. Operator based multiscale method for compressible flow (also SPE 106254) SPE Journal, June 2008.
- M. A. Hesse, H. A. Tchelepi, B. J. Cantwell, and F. M. Orr, Jr. Gravity currents in horizontal porous layers: Transition from early to late self-similarity. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 577, 2007
- A. Riaz and H. A. Tchelepi. Stability of two-phase vertical flow in homogeneous porous media. Physics of Fluids 19, 072103, (2007).
- Y. Fan. Development of CO2 modeling capabilities in Stanford General Purpose Reservoir Simulator, M.S Thesis, June 2006.
- H. Zhou. Multiscale modeling of compressible multiphase flow in heterogenous porous media, M.S report, Stanford University (June 2006).
- A. Riaz, H. Hesse, H. A. Tchelepi, and F. M. Orr, Jr. Onset of convection in a gravitationally unstable diffusive boundary layer in porous media. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 548:87, 2006.
- Riaz, A., & Tchelepi, H. A. A Numerical Simulation of Immiscible Two-Phase Flow in Porous Media. Phys. Fluids 18, 014104 (2006)
- ARiaz, A. and H. A. Tchelepi. “Dynamics of vertical displacement in porous media associated with CO2 sequestration.” SPE Journal, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 305–313, doi:10.2118/103169-PA (2008).
- Tyagi, M., P. Jenny, I. Lunati, and H. A. Tchelepi. “A lagrangian, stochastic modeling framework for multiphase flow in porous media.” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 227, No. 13, pp. 6696-6714, doi:10.1016/j.jcp.2008.03.030 (2008).