Energy 101 Tutorials
Carbon-Based Energy Systems
Electrochemistry and Electric Grid > Grid Control
Scalable and Flat Controls for Reliable Power Grid Operation with High Renewable Penetration
M. Korkali and A. Abur, “Optimal Deployment of Wide-Area Synchronized Measurements for Fault-Location Observability,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 482-489, Feb. 2013.
- M. Korkali and A. Abur, “Robust Fault Location Using Least-Absolute-Value Estimator,” submitted to the IEEE Transactions on Power Systems.
- P. Argyropoulos and H. Lev-Ari, “Customized Wavelets for Improved Fault Location Quality in Power Systems,” IEEE Power and Energy Conference at Illinois (PECI), Champaign, IL, Feb 2013.
- P. Argyropoulos, H. Lev-Ari and A.M. Stankovic, “IIR Phasor-Banks: Causal, Delay-Free, Numerically Robust, Customizable Uniform-DFT-Like Perfect Reconstruction Filter Banks,” accepted for presentation at the 2013 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Vancouver, BC.
- S. Dutta and T. J. Overbye, “Information processing and visualization of power system time varying data,” in 2013 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence Applications in Smart Grid (CIASG), Singapore, 15-19 April, 2013.
- S. Mohapatra, H. Zhu, T. J. Overbye, “Analysis of Electromechanical Disturbance Propagation in Power Systems,” in 2013 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence Applications in Smart Grid (CIASG), Singapore, 15-19 April 2013.
- S. Mohapatra, T. J. Overbye, “A Study of Electromechanical Disturbance Propagation in Power Systems,” in 2013 IEEE Power and Energy Conference at Illinois (PECI), Urbana, IL, 22-23 Febuary 2013.
- Y. Degeilh, G. Gross, “Stochastic Simulation Approach of Power Systems with Integrated Intermittent Energy Resources,” under preparation and to be submitted to the IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Spring 2013.
- M. Korkali and A. Abur, "Detection, Identification, and Correction of Bad Sensor Measurements for Fault Location," Accepted for presentation at the IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, San Diego, July 22-26, 2012.
- P. Argyropoulos, H. Lev-Ari and A.M. Stankovic,"Customizable Frequency-Selective Filter Banks for Robust Dynamic Frequency Analysis," submitted to the 2012 IEEE Statistical Signal Processing Workshop, Ann Arbor, MI.
- B. Yan, H. Lev-Ari and A.M. Stankovic,"Multi-Sensor Networked State Estimation with Delayed and Irregularly-Spaced Observations," submitted to the 2012 IEEE Statistical Signal Processing Workshop, Ann Arbor, MI.
- A.C. Melhorn, A. Dimitrovski and K. Tomsovic, "Three Phase Probabilistic Load Flow in Radial Distribution Networks," accepted for the Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power, Istanbul, Turkey, June 10-14, 2012.
- G. Liu and K. Tomsovic, "Quantifying System Reserve for Uniform System Reliability Considering Wind Power," accepted for the Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power, Istanbul, Turkey, June 10-14, 2012.
- B. Moradzadeh and K. Tomsovic,"Decentralized Residential Response Management Considering Distribution System Operational Constraints, submitted to IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid.
- A.C. Melhorn and K. Tomsovic, "Unit Commitment with Higher Levels of Wind Generation," Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Power System Operations and Planning (ICPSOP), Nairobi, Kenya, Jan. 2012.
- J. H. Chow and S. G. Ghiocel,"A Lagrange Relaxation-Perturbation Approach for Solving Power System Dispatch Problems with Inter-Temporal Constraints," submitted to IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2012.
- S. G. Ghiocel and J. H. Chow,"A Lagrange Relaxation Approach using Simultaneous Perturbations for Power System Economic Dispatch with Inter-Temporal Constraints," Proc. of XII SEPOPE, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, May 2012.
- M. Korkali and A. Abur,"Optimal Sensor Deployment for Fault-Tolerant Smart Grids," Accepted for presentation at the 13th IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications, Cesme, Turkey, June 17-20, 2012.
- S. G. Ghiocel, J. H. Chow, B. Chang, and R. Entriken,"A Multiple FACTS Control System for Reactive Power Management of the Seoul Metropolitan Power System," Proc. of ICPSOP, Nairobi, Kenya, Jan. 2012.
- Korkali, M. and Abur, A., "Transmission System Fault Location Using Limited Number of Synchronized Recorders,” submitted to International Conference on Power System Transients, Delft, Netherlands, submitted, June 11-14, 2011.
- Rogers, K. M. and T. J. Overbye, "Application of Oscillation Monitoring Data for the Detection of Event Signatures,” PowerTech 2011, Trondheim, Norway, accepted, June 2011.
- Yan, B., H. Lev-Ari, and A. M. Stankovic. "Networked Estimation with Irregularly Sampled Observations,” IEEE Conference on Decision and Control submitted, 2011.
- Ghiocel, S. G., J. H. Chow, G. Stefopoulos, B. Fardanesh, D. B. Bertagnolli, and M. Swider. "A Voltage Sensitivity Study on a Power Transfer Path using Synchrophasor Data,” IEEE PES GM, accepted for presentation, 2011.
- Hernandez, R., H. Lev-Ari, and A.M. Stankovic, "Adaptive Near-Optimal Compensation Applied to Linear and Nonlinear Loads,” 43rd North American Power Symposium, Boston, Massachusetts, submitted, 2011.
- Lev-Ari, H. and A.M. Stankovic. "Customized Dynamic Phasors for Power Quality Control in Electric Grids,” Special session on "Signal Processing Techniques for Smart Grids, 4th International Workshop on Computational Advances in Multi-Sensor Adaptive Processing, San Juan, Puerto Rico, submitted, 2011.
- Argyropoulos, P. and H. Lev-Ari, "Customized Wavelets for Fault Location in Power Systems,” submitted to the 43rd North American Power Symposium, Boston, Massachusetts, 2011
- Fasugba, M. and P. Krein. "Gaining Vehicle to Grid Benefits with Unidirectional Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle Chargers.” IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, submitted, 2011.
- Fasugba M. and P. Krein. "Cost Benefits and Vehicle-to-Grid Regulation Services of Unidirectional Charging of Electric Vehicles.” IEEE Energy Conversion Congress (ECCE), submitted, 2011.
- Wei, Y., F. Li, and K. Tomsovic. "Impact to the Volatility of Electricity Price under High-Penetration Wind Power.” IET Renewable Power Generation, under review, 2011.
- Li, F. and Y.Wei, "A Probability-Driven Multilayer Framework for Scheduling Intermittent Renewable Energy.” IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, under review, 2011.