Energy 101 Tutorials
Electrochemistry & Electric Grid
Carbon-Based Energy Systems > CO2 Storage
Geologic Storage of CO2 in Coal Beds
- Sone, H. and M. D. Zoback. "Strength, Creep and Frictional Properties of Gas Shale Reservoir Rocks," 44th US Rock Mechanics Symposium and 5th U.S.-Canada Rock Mechanics Symposium, in press, 2010.
- Hagin, P. and M. D. Zoback. "Laboratory Studies of the Adsorption, Flow, Static and Dynamic Moduli of Low-rank Coal Samples from the Powder River Basin," Wyoming, Stanford Rock and Borehole Geophysics Consortium Annual Meeting, 2009.
- Santos, E. T. F. and J. M. Harris. "DynaSIRT: A Robust Dynamic Imaging Method Applied to CO2 Injection Monitoring," SEG Expanded Abstracts, 2009.
- Vogelaar, B., D. Smeulders, and J. M. Harris, "Experimental Evidence of the Relation Between the Biot-Gassmann Modulus and the Bulk Modulus Measured by DARS of Oil-saturated Rocks," SEG Expanded Abstracts, 2009.
- Arogunmati, A., and J. M. Harris. "An Approach for Quasi-continuous Time-lapse Seismic Monitoring from Sparse Data," Expanded Abstract, SEG Annual Meeting, Houston, submitted, 2009.
- Um, E. and J. M. Harris. "A Finite Element Algorithm for 3D Transient Electromagnetic Modeling," Expanded Abstract, SEG Annual Meeting, Houston, submitted, 2009.
- Hagin, P., and M. Zoback. "Physical Properties of Low-Rank Coal Samples from the Powder River Basin, Wyoming," Coal-Seq VI Forum, April 10-11, 2008.
- Santos, E. T. F., and J. M. Harris. "A Robust Dynamic Imaging Method Applied to CO2 Sequestration Monitoring," SEG Extended Abstracts, DynaSIRT, 2008.
- Chiaramonte, L., M. Zoback, M., Gerst, J. and N. Gupta. "Can Controlled Induced Microseismicity be used to Enhance Permeability in Geological CO2 Sequestration targets?" NETL 6th Annual Conference on Carbon Capture and Sequestration, Pittsburgh, PA, 2007.
- Chiaramonte, L., M. Zoback, J. Friedmann, and V. Stamp. "Fluid Flow Simulation for CO2-EOR and Sequestration Utilizing Geomechanical Constraints - Teapot Dome Oil Field, Wyoming," Accepted AGU Fall Meeting, 2007.
- Chiaramonte, L., A. Lucier, H. Ross, and M. Zoback. "Geomechanics and Seal Integrity for Geologic Sequestration of CO2. Abstracts of the IWCCS-07 Meeting, NGRI, Hyderabad, India, 2007.
- Santos, E. T. F., Harris, J., Bassrei, A., and J. C. Costa. "Regularized Diffraction Tomography for Trigonal Meshes Applied to Reservoir Monitoring," X Congresso Internacional da Sociedade Brasileira de Geofísica, Rio de Janeiro, 2007.
- Santos, E. T. F. and J. M. Harris. "Time-lapse diffraction tomography for trigonal meshes with temporal data Integration applied to CO2 sequestration monitoring," SEG Extended Abstracts, 2007.
- Kovscek, A.R., W. Lin, G.-Q. Tang, and K. Jessen. "Laboratory and Simulation Investigation of Gas Adsorption, Transport, and Carbon Sequestration in Coal," U43C-1400 American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, December 10-14, 2007.
- Lin. W., G.-Q. Tang, and A. R. Kovscek, "Sorption-Induced Permeability Change of Coal During Gas-Injection Processes," SPE-109855, Proceedings of the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Anaheim, CA, November 11 - 14, 2007.
- Jessen, K., G.-Q. Tang, and A. R. Kovscek, "Multicomponent Sorption Modeling in ECBM Displacement Calculations" SPE-110258, Proceedings of the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Anaheim, CA, November 11 - 14, 2007.
- Ross, H., M.. Zoback, M., and P. Hagin. "CO2 Sequestration and Enhanced Coalbed Methane Recovery: Reservoir Characterization and Fluid Flow Simulations of the Powder River Basin, Wyoming," GCEP Research Symposium, October 1-3, 2007.
- Lucier, A., and M. Zoback. "Assessing the GCEP Research Symposium, October 1-3, 2007.
- Chiaramonte, L., M. Zoback, J. Friedmann, and V. Stamp. "Geomechanical Site Characterization to Constrain CO2 Injection Feasibility: Teapot Dome EOR Pilot," International Symposium on Site Characterization for CO2 Geological Storage, Berkeley, CA, March 20-22, 2006.
- Chiaramonte, L., M. Zoback, J. Friedmann, and V. Stamp. "Geomechanical Reservoir Characterization for Prediction of the Likelihood of Faulting Induced by CO2 Sequestration," Eos Trans. AGU, 87 (52), Fall Meet. Suppl., Abstract T12A-07, 2006.