|Grand Challenge Sponsors ExxonMobil GE Schlumberger Toyota DuPont GCEP Agreements FAQs Facts and Figures Getting Funded External Collaborations People Directions Contact Information Jobs||
ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM) is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company. We hold an industry-leading inventory of global oil and gas resources.
We are the world’s largest refiner and marketer of petroleum products, and our chemical company ranks among the world’s largest.
We are also a technology company, applying science and innovation to find better, safer and cleaner ways to deliver the energy the world needs.
Our strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions is focused on increasing energy efficiency in the short term, implementing proven emission-reducing technologies in the near and medium term, and developing breakthrough, game-changing technologies for the long term, such as those being researched through Stanford University’s GCEP.
Technological innovation will play a central role in our ability to increase supply, improve efficiency and reduce emissions. Approximately 90 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions generated by petroleum products are released when customers use our products, and the remaining 10 percent are generated by industry operations. Therefore, solutions from technology focused programs like GCEP are needed to reduce energy-related emissions by end users.
To Learn More
Restricted Use of Materials from GCEP Site: User may download materials from GCEP site only for User's own personal, non-commercial use. User may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any material without obtaining prior GCEP or author approval.