Facts and Figures
Stanford University can be reached via several public transportation
options, including Caltrain. For more information, see the Bay Area Transit website.
Marguerite Shuttle (Stanford’s Free Shuttle Service)
Walking from downtown Palo Alto or the Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel (approx. 30 minutes)
- From the University Avenue Caltrain Station in Palo Alto, take Line X (Regular or Limited) to the stop at the corner of Panama @ Via Ortega.
- Line X runs Monday through Friday year-round (except campus holidays), 6:05 a.m. to 8:59 p.m., approximately every 20 min.
- PIE is located at 473 Via Ortega (cross street is Panama) on the third floor, Suite 324 (Red Atrium).
- For more information, see the Marguerite Shuttle website.
- Follow University Avenue/Palm Drive to the Main Quad.
- Walk behind Memorial Church and turn right on Panama Mall until it turns into Panama Street.
- Follow Panama Street to the corner of Via Ortega.
- The Jerry Yang & Akiko Yamazaki Environment & Energy Building is on the right .
- PIE is on the third floor, Suite 324 (Red Atrium).